What is the purpose of your book report
A book report is sort of book review which is written in order to enhance the understanding of the book and in order to evaluate the book critically. Not only is this but book reports are also written to provide a short glance of the book to increase its readability.
Book report writing can be a multi-purpose based task. The tone and style of the report also depends upon the purpose of the book report writing. For example, if you are writing a report of the book for magazine or a newspaper then the tone and style of this report of the book would be different as compared to the report which is going to be published in a journal.
Generally all book reviews or reports are written for the ease of readers with different sub-purposes. Following is the list of purposes which are mainly addressed in a book report:
- Reviews or book reports help reader or buyer to read and buy that book.
- Library workers first read the book reports or reviews and then include the books in their library collection.
- The audiences of the book report are multiple and they vary from organization to organization. The mainly hit audience of book reviews can be Magazines, journals, newspapers, and academic assignments. The reviews are written according to the demand and expectations of the audience.
- Book reports are written in order to provide the information about the author of the book to the readers or audience of the book.
- Book reports aimed at providing you the thesis statement or main idea of the book in easier and short words.
- Book reports aimed at pointing out the evidences or references that author used in the footnotes or bibliography of the book.
- Book reports also focus on the organization of the book content.
- Book reports present the style and tone of the book.
- Book reports also provide you with the tools that are used by author to write the book.
- Book reports also provide the information about the relation of the book with existing literature. It provides you with the link between the book and other related books.
- Book reports, at times, also serve the purpose of comparison and they provide you with the comparative analysis of a book with other books of the same kind.
- At the end, the report is concluded by leaving a question to the reader of report that are the readers going to recommend this book to others to read or buy?